Designing Small came up with this irregularly shaped triangular desk to use a weird bit of space in a tiny apartment. It’s a brilliant solution when you don’t have perfect squares and standard-sized spaces to work with. This design really uses every bit of space without looking cluttered.
Just because you’re working out of a closet doesn’t mean that your new office space has to look like, well, a utility closet. So spruce up your space with pretty, sentimental items that are meaningful to you, such as framed photos or a nice vase with fresh Gerbera daisies. While some closets may have an overhead light, it’s probably not enough light for working all day. Add lamps and task lights to help brighten things up. Or, consider under-cabinet or shelf lights to help brighten up your desk. Pegboards are another fun and creative way to create more space.
Why I Ditched a WFH Desk for the…Floor
All of us deserve space free from noise and bustle from the outside world so that we can focus on our work. Nevertheless, not every house will come equipped with a spacious workplace or a predestined nook. https://remotemode.net/ Welcome to the ingenious society of the closet office. If you have a spare or unused closet, why don’t you turn it into a practical office? Check out these closet office desk design ideas and be inspired.
- A cloffice is a closet or a nook that you can transform into a functional office space.
- Designing your cloffice according to a theme or colour scheme can make the process way more enjoyable.
- After that, take an inventory of what is left while thinking about how leftover pieces could be grouped to enhance available closet space.
- Open storage systems do offer complete control over the storage area.
- Discover the best IKEA desk hacks, insights, and stories from creators and makers who used ALEX drawers in their workspaces.
If not, maybe try a different one to turn into a closet office. If your closet is small, it’s important to keep it organized so you can closet to office conversion easily find what you need and put things away. A good way to do this is by using an organizer that hangs from the door of your closet.
Rooms & Spaces
Closet offices offer a unique way to make the most out of any situation. Next, you need to take measurements of the office tools and supplies you often use that you would have to fit into the space. You can cut paper templates out or measure outer edges with a pencil just so that you have visual markers of where you need to be. Similarly, Richardson, a blogger who renovated her 1972 fixer-upper in Northern Alabama, also started her transformation by looking on Pinterest and sketching out the space.
- It might sound impossibly cramped and uninspiring at first, but these examples will show you how amazing it can be.
- It reflects light better, adding to the brightness of the room, and makes the space look bigger.
- The last thing you want is for your desk to become a storage area for clean clothes.
- If your closet didn’t come with built-in wooden shelves, drawers, and cabinets, this will be part of your project of turning the closet into a functional office.
- There’s even a little printer shelf tucked underneath the desktop for easy access.
All they did was arrange a small floating desk and stool inside an existing closet, then hang a whiteboard on the wall. The closet still has its upper shelf and hanging rod, so if it doesn’t work out, the space can easily go back to storing clothes. One of the easiest ways to make your teeny office space stand out is with wallpaper, as showcased in this minimalistic cloffice. Your chair can make or break your office, and we think this blogger has the right idea with her plush pink seat. It looks incredibly comfy, and it also provides a fun pop of color against the cloffice’s neutral color palette.
Cloffice: Convert a Closet Into an Office
Groceries can move into kitchen cabinets, your guests’ coats will be strung on a jacket rack, and linens may be stacked in baskets on bathroom shelves. After selecting your small workroom area, it is time to shift your thoughts toward your design. What colors, fabrics, and accessories go best with your current home decor? One of the closet ideas that you will genuinely need is lighting.